The City Manager is responsible for ensuring the policy decisions made by the City Council are executed and for the timely and cost-effective delivery of the City's public services. The City Manager is appointed by the City Council.
The City Manager has many duties, including:
- Carrying out City Council goals and policy decisions,
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of the City,
- Delivery of public services in an efficient manner,
- Managing the City budget,
- Attending City Council meetings,
- Informing and advising the City Council of any and all City matters.
- Serving as the City representative in various arenas.